Day 1 – Facing a Challenging Climate
Thursday, 26 May, 9am–6pm
(Breakout sessions available on a first come, first served basis)
|Time||Day 1 – Facing a Challenging Climate|
|8 ~ 9||Coffee and Registration|
|9 ~ 10||Opening|
|10 ~10.40||Emerging cool climate regions|
|10.40 – 11||Morning coffee break|
|11 ~ 13||Emerging vineyard pest and diseases||New varieties for cool climate regions||Emerging markets and new consumers|
|13 ~ 14||Lunch/posters|
|14 ~ 14.45||Managing climate-based variability|
|15 ~ 16.40||Managing phenolics||Protected and semi-protected viticulture||New technological trends that impact the marketing of wine|
|16.40 ~ 17||Coffee Break|
|17 ~ 18||English wine presentation & tasting (Sparkling wines)|
- Gain a better understanding of emerging markets and the new consumers
- Better understand their relevance vis-a-vis established markets and current consumers.
- Gain insights into how cool climate producers might take advantage of the opportunity provided by the changing marketplace.
- Evaluate techniques for the management of phenolics both from vinifera and hybrid grapes in wine in the vineyard and winery.
- Discover how fragmenting berry skins can reduce the need for maceration in red wine production.
- Find out about a new method for monitoring the development of phenolics in wine throughout the winemaking process.
- See how wine businesses implement new technologies which could benefit you
- Hear inspiring case studies that focus on how new technologies help to market and sell wine more effectively
- Meet some of the wine industry’s key innovators